Name Servers translate your Domain Name (e.g. mydomain.com) from words into a format that the world wide web understands — an IP Address. The IP Address then points the system to where its corresponding data is stored, so that entering “mydomain.com” on a browser immediately displays your website.
Find and update the domain name servers in your Sitebeat account using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat Dashboard.
- Under My Domains, click the corresponding Manage link of the domain whose name servers you want to change.
- Click the Name Servers tab. Under the Server List section, hover your mouse pointer over the name server record, and then click the Modify link that appears on its rightmost side.
- Replace the record information with your new records, and then click the Update button.
You’ve just changed your name servers in Sitebeat.
- To add a name server, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon at the far-right side of the Server List heading, click Add Name Server, enter the information in the fields provided, and then click the Update button.
- To delete a name server, hover your pointer over the name server record, click Modify, click Delete, then click the Update button to confirm.