A 404 Error Page appears when a visitor tries to access a page within your website that does not exist, or when there is an error in the URL - like an extra character or a misspelled subfolder, among others. Although in some cases, this error may also appear on a page that does exist but has a server connection issue. In this case, a simple refresh of your browser will do the trick.
Follow the instructions below to customise the 404 Error Page that you'd like to appear for your website:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- On the Sitebeat Editor, click Settings from the left-side menu.
- Click Advanced and click 404 Error Page.
- Click Change to view your options, then select the Layout that you'd like to use. A preview of your chosen Layout will display once you click it.
- Click on the Apply button to use the Layout.
Congratulations! You’ve just customised the 404 Error Page on your website.