Adding Social Buttons to your website is an opportunity for your content to become more accessible and open to a wider audience. It also serves as a marketing tool for keeping your site visitors informed and updated.
The Social Buttons Feature in Sitebeat is a one-click link to your Social Media accounts where visitors can easily connect and interact with you or your business.
Add a Social Buttons Feature on your website and customise it using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Build from the left-side menu, and then click Social.
- Drag the Social Buttons item, and then drop it onto a placeholder on your website page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Social Buttons Feature, and then click the Edit button on its top-right corner.
- Manage your Social Buttons on the Layout tab with the following actions:
- Add a Button — Click Add Social Network, and then select a Social Network to add.
- Link the Button — Hover your mouse pointer over the Social Network item, click Edit, and then enter your profile name or link to connect the button to your corresponding Social Media account.
Enable the On Click Open In New Tab option if preferred, and then click the [←] Icon to return and manage other buttons.
- Reorder Buttons — Hover your pointer over the Social Network item, and then click and drag it up or down.
- Delete a Button — Hover your pointer over the Social Network item, and then click the [x] Delete Icon.
- Click the Design tab on the pop-up box to set the following:
Alignment Click on the corresponding Icon to align left, center, or right. Size Click on the bar and drag it sideways to adjust the size of the Social Buttons. Icon Click the box on its right to select a color for your Social Buttons, and then click Apply. Hover Click the box on its right to select a colour for your Social Buttons when the mouse pointer is hovered over it. Style Click the box below it to select your desired Social Buttons icon style.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move the Social Buttons, hover your pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize the Social Buttons horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete the Social Buttons, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
You can also check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.