Template customisation should enhance existing website elements and balance design with usability, to effectively promote your branding.
The template you choose in Sitebeat includes Heading and Text Features — which you can easily customise — to add your actual content and change its layout and design. Customise the content and appearance of your Sitebeat website's Heading and Text Features, using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, highlight the Text to display its editing options.
You can also add a new Heading or Text Feature first: click Build from the left-side menu, drag and drop the Heading or Text item onto an available placeholder on your website, and then add your actual text content.
- Highlight it first, then customise the Heading or Text content using the following editing options:
B / I / U Click to change the Font Style accordingly. H1 Click to assign a Heading Classification. Applicable only for the Heading Feature. Align Click to set the Alignment of the text on your website page. Link Click to add a Link to your Text.
Select the type of Link from the drop-down list and specify where you would like to connect it:
- Page — Select a Page from the second drop-down list.
- Anchor — Select a Page and Anchor from the second drop-down list.
- URL — Enter the specific URL in the space provided.
- File — Click Select your file then drag and drop the file or browse your computer's folders to upload it.
If the file has already been uploaded to Sitebeat, click on the My Documents tab to select it.
If the file is on another online service, click on the Clouds tab to connect to the service and locate the file.
- Email address — Enter the specific email address in the space provided.
- Phone number — Enter the specific phone number in the space provided.
Blockquote Click to apply the Blockquote format to your text. Applicable only for the Text Feature. List Click to apply a List format to your text. Select the Type of List and Bullet Color to use, and then adjust the Offset margin. Applicable only for the Text Feature. Font Click to set the Font Type, Style, and Format. Size Click to set the Font Size and Line Height. Color Click to set the text Color.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Delete a Heading or Text Feature, hover your mouse pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top right-hand corner.
- To Move a Heading or Text Feature, hover pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize a Heading or Text Feature vertically, simply change the font size of your text.
- To Resize a Heading or Text Feature horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
You can also check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.