An icon is an important element of a website, which serves as a universal graphic tool that makes us instantly recognise a brand, a product, or a message — without the need for any words.
The template you choose in Sitebeat may include an Icon Feature, which you can easily customise using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click on the Icon to show the editing options above it.
You can also add a new Icon Feature first: click Build from the left-side menu, drag and drop the Icon button onto a placeholder on your website page, and then click on it to show the editing options.
- Customise the Icon using the available editing options:
Icon Click to select a different Icon, change its color and resize it. Background Click to set the Icon's background shape or outline, color, and size. Align Click to set the alignment of the Icon on your website page. Other Editing Options Click the corresponding Icons to Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Flip Vertically, and Flip Horizontally.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move the Icon Feature, hover your mouse pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag and drop it onto a new placeholder on your page.
- To Resize the Icon Feature's placeholder horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete an Icon Feature, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
You can also check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.