Page Meta Title or “title tag”, and Meta Description are meta tags or HTML (HyperText Markup Language) elements that provide brief information to search engines and users on what your web page is all about. They are the first things people see when you appear in SERP (Search Engine Results Pages).
Learn more about what they are and how they work by visiting the link below:
Adding Meta Title and Description to your website helps boost the SEO rankings of your site pages.
How to Add Meta Tags in Sitebeat
Add a Page Meta Title and Description in your Sitebeat website using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Pages from the left-side menu.
- Hover your mouse pointer over a Page Name on the left-side panel, and then click the Gear Icon that appears.
- Under Page Settings, customise the following fields:
- Title — Write a Meta Title for your page. Make sure it doesn’t exceed the 70-character limit.
- Description — Write a Meta Description for your page. Make sure it doesn’t exceed the 160-character limit.
Note: As you fill out the fields, you will see a preview of how the content will appear on SERPs at the bottom section of your left-side menu.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
You just learned how to add a Page Meta Title and Description in your Sitebeat website.