Page Meta Title, or “title tag”, and Meta Description are meta tags or HTML (HyperText Markup Language) elements that provide brief information to search engines and users on what your web page is all about. They are the first things people see when you appear in SERP (Search Engine Results Pages).
Learn more about what they are and how they work by visiting the link below:
Adding Meta Title and Description to your website helps boost the SEO rankings of your site pages.
How to Add Meta Tags in Sitebeat
Add a Page Meta Title and Description in your Sitebeat website using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- Click Pages from the left-side menu.
- Hover your mouse pointer over a Page Name on the left-side panel and click the Gear Icon that appears.
- Under Page Settings, customise the following fields:
- Title - Write a Meta Title for your page. Make sure it doesn’t exceed the 70-character limit.
- Description - Write a Meta Description for your page. Make sure it doesn’t exceed the 160-character limit.
Note: As you fill out the fields, you will see a preview of how the content will appear on SERPs at the bottom section of your left-side menu.
You just learned how to add a Page Meta Title and Description in your Sitebeat website.