Sitebeat allows you to preview your project before you publish it live. You can check how your website will look like on a Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Phone through your Sitebeat Editor. Since Sitebeat’s responsive design automatically optimises your project to adapt to any device, your website will remain smooth and easy to navigate through across all devices.
To preview or publish your project, you will need to access the Sitebeat Dashboard first using these steps:
- Visit the Sitebeat login page.
- Enter your username and password, and then click Login & Continue.
- You will now be routed to your Sitebeat Dashboard.
How to Preview with Sitebeat
To Preview your website, continue with the following steps:
- Under My Sites, click the EDIT SITE option on the website that you wish to manage.
- Click PREVIEW in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click the icon found at the bottom of the page to switch between desktop, laptop, tablet, and phone preview.
- Click ← BACK TO EDITOR in the lower-left corner of the page to return to your editor. If you're ready, you can click PUBLISH in the lower-right corner of the page.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
How to Publish with Sitebeat
The Publish option can be found in three different places, making it quick for you to get your website online. Publish your website conveniently with the options below:
- While on Preview mode, you can click PUBLISH in the lower-right corner of the page.
- While on Editor mode, you can click PUBLISH in the upper-right corner of the page.
- While on your Sitebeat Dashboard, you can hover your mouse pointer over a project card, click the (...) ellipsis symbol in the upper-right corner, and then click Publish Site.
The Published website will have a LIVE badge that you can view in the upper-left corner of the project card if viewed on the Drafts tab of the Sitebeat Dashboard.
While you can work on a maximum of three projects or sites, you can only publish one website live at a time.
Note: If you already have one website published live and you try to publish another website, you will need to unpublish one project to be able to publish another one.
To unpublish a website, go to your Sitebeat Dashboard and hover your mouse pointer over the published website or the project that has the LIVE badge on it. Click the (...) ellipsis symbol, select Unpublish, and then click YES, UNPUBLISH to confirm.