A regular website is not enough. It takes a winning combo of elements and intuitive user experience to delight visitors.
One of the Sitebeat tools that will help you create your website is called a Feature.
What is a Feature?
A Feature is a ready-made layout element, such as a Text item, Heading, Photo, Video, Button, or Icon, which you can use to build your custom, professional-looking website pages in Sitebeat.
Accessing the Features Library
Follow the steps below to access the Feature you need:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- On the Sitebeat Editor, click Build from the left-side menu. You are now viewing the Features library.
Now that you’ve learned how to locate Features, you are free to customise them to suit your needs.
Managing Sitebeat Features
Sitebeat gives you the freedom to manage and lay out Features by yourself. You can add, customise, resize, move, and delete Features — to build your website the way you want it.
Drag your chosen Feature from the Features Library and drop it onto one of the available placeholders on your page.
Click on the Feature or highlight its content to display the editing menu. Then, replace the sample content with your own, and use the same editing menu to customise it.
Resize the Features vertically and horizontally to match your desired layout with the steps below.
- Resize Vertically – Hover your mouse pointer over the Feature and click the resizing tool that appears at the bottom, then drag it up or down.
- Resize Horizontally – Hover your mouse pointer over the left or right side of the Feature and click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, then drag it sideways.
Hover your mouse pointer over the Feature and click the moving bar on its upper edge, then drag the Feature onto a different placeholder on your page.
Hover your mouse pointer over the Feature and click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner. The Feature will immediately be removed.
Congratulations! You’ve just learned how to manage the Features on your site.