Google Analytics is a digital tool that helps you better understand your customer’s experience on your website.
How Does Google Analytics Work?
Google Analytics inputs snippets of codes into your website. These codes track users' activities and send the collected data to the Google Analytics server for analysis and statistical reporting.
Google Analytics collects four common types of data from your website:
- Session: The individual user visit.
- Pageview: The individual page visit.
- Event: User interaction with your website content. This includes button clicks, PDF downloads, form submissions, video clicks, etc.
- Transaction: Mostly applicable for eCommerce. This includes purchases, transaction IDs, etc.
Why Is Google Analytics Important?
Google Analytics generates data on how your marketing campaigns perform. As a result, you know what is most effective and needs further work, leading to business growth.
Other distinct benefits of Google Analytics:
- Lets you know who your visitors are — making it easy to set your target market and what online channels to use for campaigns.
- Lets you know what page has high conversions — identifying what strategy works the best.
- Lets you know what search terms attract users — giving you insight to keywords that you can use to increase website traffic.
To know how to create a Google Analytics account and link it to your Sitebeat website, refer to this guide: