Google Analytics is a digital tool that helps you better understand your customer’s experience.
With Sitebeat, linking the Google Analytics tool to your website is easier than ever. You can do it by accessing your Sitebeat Dashboard. And, with just a few clicks from the Sitebeat Editor, you'll be done in no time.
Linking Sitebeat to Google Analytics
Follow the instructions below to link your website to Google Analytics:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Settings from the left-side menu.
- Click Google Services, and then click Google Analytics.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your Google Analytics Account Number or Tracking ID in the box provided and, then click Save.
Note: The Account Number or Tracking ID will start with UA- followed by a random combination of numbers, e.g., UA-123456-7.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
You’ve just linked your website to Google Analytics.
Creating a Google Analytics Account
If you don't have a Google Analytics account yet, you will need to sign up for an account first, then connect it to your Sitebeat website with the steps provided above.
Follow the steps below to create a Google Analytics account:
- Go to the Google Analytics webpage.
- Click Sign in to Analytics at the top-right corner of the page.
You can also simply click on the Start for free button beside it.
Note: If you haven't signed in to your Google or Gmail account yet, you will be prompted to log in. Enter your account's username and click Next, and then enter your password and click Next to continue with the Google Analytics signup process.
- On the Google Analytics welcome page, click Start measuring.
- In Account setup, enter your desired Account Name, select the applicable check boxes below, and then click Next.
- In Property setup, enter the applicable property name, set the Reporting Time Zone and Currency from the corresponding drop-down lists, and then click Next.
- In About your business, select the applicable business information in the necessary drop-down lists and check boxes, then click Create.
- Review the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement and the Additional Terms Applicable to Data Shared with Google, and then click I Accept if you agree.
- Copy and paste the Tracking ID that appears.
Note: If you've previously created a Google Analytics account, you can find your Tracking ID using the instructions here.
You’ve just created a Google Analytics account. You can now link it to your Sitebeat website.
Note: If you need further assistance on the Google Analytics tool or on creating an account with Google, please contact the Google Support Team. Otherwise, for any queries regarding Sitebeat contact our 24/7 support.