Google Analytics is a digital tool that helps you better understand your customer’s experience.
With Sitebeat, linking the Google Analytics tool to your website is easier than ever. You can do it by accessing your Sitebeat Dashboard. And, with just a few clicks from the Sitebeat Editor, you'll be done in no time.
Linking Sitebeat to Google Analytics
Follow the instructions below to link your website to Google Analytics:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- On the Sitebeat Editor, click Settings from the left-side menu.
- Click Marketing then, select Google Analytics.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your Google Analytics Account Number or Tracking ID in the box provided and click Save.
Note: The Account Number or Tracking ID will start with UA- followed by a random combination of numbers, e.g. UA-123456-7.
You’ve just linked your website to Google Analytics.
Creating a Google Analytics Account
If you don't have a Google Analytics account yet, you will need to sign up for an account first, then connect it to your Sitebeat website with the steps provided above.
Follow the steps below to create a Google Analytics account:
- Go to the Google Analytics webpage.
- Click Sign in to Analytics at the top-right corner of the page.
Or, you can simply click on the Start for free button beside it.
Note: If you haven't signed in to your Google or Gmail account yet, you will be prompted to log in. Enter your account's Username and click Next, then enter your Password and click Next, to continue with the Google Analytics signup process.
- Click the Sign Up button under Start using Google Analytics.
- Under What would you like to track?, click Website.
- Enter your desired Account Name then, enter your Website Name in the respective fields provided.
- Under Website URL, enter your website's domain name, e.g. www.mydomain.com
- Select your Industry Category and set the Reporting Time Zone from their corresponding drop-down lists.
- Select/deselect options under Data Sharing Settings then, click Get Tracking ID once done.
- Review the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement and click I Accept if you agree.
- Copy and paste the Tracking ID that appears.
Note: If you've previously created a Google Analytics account, you can find your Tracking ID using the instructions here.
You’ve just created a Google Analytics account. You can now link it to your Sitebeat website.
Note: If you need further assistance on the Google Analytics tool or on creating an account with Google, please contact the Google Support Team. Otherwise, for any queries regarding Sitebeat contact our 24/7 support.