Google Site Verification is a tool that lets you prove your website ownership to gain access to the site's private Google Search data.
Once you've added your Sitebeat website's URL in your Google Search Console, you only need to select the HTML Tag verification method and use the provided Meta Tag to quickly connect it with Sitebeat.
Linking Sitebeat to Verify with Google
While the HTML Tag method used to be tedious, Sitebeat has now made it very simple. If you have your Meta Tag ready, simply follow the instructions below to continue with the website verification process:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- On the Sitebeat Editor, click Settings from the left-side menu.
- Click Marketing then, select Site Verification.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your Google Site Verification Code or Verification Key in the box provided and click Save.
Note: The Site Verification Code or Key should be a Meta Tag, as shown in the sample below:
You’ve just linked Sitebeat to verify with Google. To stay verified, do not disconnect the code even after the verification process is completed.
If you need help creating and accessing your website's Meta Tag, use the guide below.
Creating a Google Site Verification Code
The Google Site Verification Code that you need to connect in Sitebeat is the Meta Tag mentioned in the guide above. If you don't have one, Google automatically creates one for you when you add your URL as a property in the Google Search Console.
Follow the steps below to create/access your Google Site Verification Code:
- Visit the Google Search Console.
- Click on the Start now button.
- Log In with your Google Account username and password, or Sign Up for a Google Account first if you don't have one.
You will be routed to the Google Search Console welcome page.
- Enter your website link / URL in the field under URL prefix, e.g. "http://mydomain.com/", then click Continue.
Or, if you've previously added the URL as a property, click the Already started? Finish verification link below the Continue buttons.
- A Verify ownership pop-up box will appear with instructions for different verification methods.
- Under Other verification methods, click HTML tag and copy the complete Meta Tag provided.
You’ve just created and accessed your Google Site Verification Code. You can now link it to your Sitebeat website and complete the verification process.
Note: If you need further assistance on the Google Search Console or creating an account with Google, please contact the Google Support Team. Otherwise, for any queries regarding Sitebeat contact our 24/7 support.