Google Site Verification is a tool that lets you prove your website ownership to gain access to the site's private Google Search data.
Once you've added your Sitebeat website's URL in your Google Search Console, you only need to select the HTML Tag verification method and use the provided Meta Tag to connect it with Sitebeat quickly.
Linking Sitebeat to Verify with Google
While the HTML Tag method used to be tedious, Sitebeat has now made it very simple. If you have your Meta Tag ready, simply follow the instructions below to continue with the website verification process:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Settings from the left-side menu.
- Click Google Services, and then click Site Verification.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your Google Site Verification Code or Verification Key in the box provided, and then click Save.
Note: The Site Verification Code or Key should be a Meta Tag, as shown in the sample below:
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
You’ve just linked Sitebeat to verify with Google. To stay verified, do not disconnect the code even after the verification process is complete.
If you need help creating and accessing your website's Meta Tag, use the guide below.
Creating a Google Site Verification Code
The Google Site Verification Code that you need to connect in Sitebeat is the Meta Tag mentioned in the guide above. If you don't have one, Google automatically creates one for you when you add your URL as a property in the Google Search Console.
Follow the steps below to create or access your Google Site Verification Code:
- Visit the Google Search Console.
- Click on the Start now button.
- Log in with your Google Account username and password or Sign Up for a Google Account first if you don't have one.
You will be routed to the Google Search Console welcome page.
- Enter your website link or URL in the field under URL prefix, e.g., "http://mydomain.com/", and then click Continue.
If you've previously added the URL as a property, you can also click the Already started? Finish verification link below the Continue buttons.
- A Verify ownership pop-up box will appear with instructions for different verification methods.
- Under Other verification methods, click HTML tag and copy the complete Meta Tag provided.
You’ve just created and accessed your Google Site Verification Code. You can now link it to your Sitebeat website and complete the verification process.
Note: If you need further assistance on the Google Search Console or creating an account with Google, please contact the Google Support Team. Otherwise, for any queries regarding Sitebeat contact our 24/7 support.