Having a Form on your website makes it easy for your visitors to connect with you and your business - whether it’s for sending feedback, asking queries, or any other purpose.
Add a Form on your website and customise it using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- Click Build from the left-side menu, then drag and drop the Form item onto an available placeholder on your website.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Form Feature, then click the Edit button on its top-right corner.
- Customise and manage the following under the Layout tab on the pop-up box:
Add a Form Field Click Add Form Field and select the type of field you want to add. Edit a Form Field Hover the mouse pointer over the field item and click Edit.
Edit the display information on your actual Form on the fields provided. Enable Split if you want to have separate fields for first name and surname, enable Required Field if you want to strictly require each field to be filled out. Click the [←] Back Icon to return and edit other fields.
Remove a Form Field Hover your pointer over the field item and click the [x] Delete Icon. Reorder Form Fields Click on a field item then drag it up or down.
- Click the Settings tab on the pop-up box to set a Form Name and a receiving Email address where all the Forms will be sent to.
- Click the Advanced tab on the pop-up box to set the following:
On Submit This is the display message that appears after a website visitor submits a Form.
Edit the Title and Description fields to customise the display message.
Other Settings Click to enable/disable these additional settings for your Form:
- Placeholders - Enable to show a greyed-out description within each field, to help visitors provide correct information.
- Split Form by Two Rows - Enable to split the Form fields into two rows, and have shorter fields.
- Custom Validation - Enable to create a Validation rule that checks and controls whether the value entered is correct or not. Once enabled, go back to editing each Form field to set the Validation rules.
You’ve just added a Form on your website.
- To Move a Form, hover your mouse pointer over it and click the moving tool on its upper edge, then drag and drop it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize a Form’s, hover your pointer over its left or right edge and click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, then drag it sideways. It will automatically follow its fixed aspect ratio when resized.
- To Delete a Form, hover your pointer over it and click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
Or, check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.