Create Categories in Sitebeat to organise your Online Store's products and make shopping easy for your customers, using the following instructions:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website that you wish to manage.
- Click Store from the left-side menu.
If this is your first time accessing this option, click Get Started, and then wait a few seconds for the Sitebeat Editor to add a Store page and Shopping Cart icon to your website.
- Click Products from the Online Store left-side menu. A list of Products will appear here.
- Click the Manage link beside Categories to open a pop-up window.
- Click on the Add Category button.
- Under the Details tab, click Add Photo to upload a Category image, and then enter a Title and Description for your new category.
Click on the Products tab, then click Select Products to assign Products to this Category. Follow this link on how to add a Product for a more detailed guide.
- Click Save.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
You’ve just added a Category for the products in your Sitebeat Store.
Note: The Store option is only available for the Sitebeat eCommerce plan and will not appear on all other Sitebeat plans. Suppose you want to set up an online store with complete SSL protection as well as easy setup and monitoring of products and orders. In that case, you will need to upgrade your current Sitebeat plan or purchase a new Sitebeat eCommerce plan.