When adding a Product to your Online Store, you have the choice to assign it to a Category right away, or you can add the Product first and assign it to a Category later.
Note: The Store option is only available for the Sitebeat eCommerce plan and will not appear on all other Sitebeat plans. If you want to set up an Online Store with complete SSL protection as well as easy setup and monitoring of Products and Orders, you will need to upgrade your current Sitebeat plan or purchase a new Sitebeat eCommerce plan.
Assign Products to a Category in your Sitebeat Store using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option on the website or project card that you wish to manage.
- Click Store from the left-side menu.
If this is your first time accessing this option, click Get Started then wait a few seconds for the Sitebeat Editor to add a Store page and Shopping Cart to your website.
- Click Products from the left-side menu, then click the Manage link beside Categories.
- Click on a Category name from the list on the pop-up window.
Note: Do not select All Products as you cannot assign Products to this Category.
- Click on the Products tab. A list of Products assigned to that Category will appear (if any).
Note: This is also where you can sort the Products within a Category. Click on the drop-down list under Sort By, then select how you want your Products to appear on your Online Store.
- Click Select Products.
- Click on the Products that you wish to add to this Category, then click Done.
- Click Save.
If you need to create a new Category, you can click on the Add Category button at the top-right section of the pop-up window. For a more detailed instruction on how to add a Product Category for your Store, click here.
Congratulations! You’ve just assigned Products to a Category in your Sitebeat Store.