Adding Sharing Buttons to your website is an opportunity for your content to become shareable — with viral potential. It also serves as a marketing tool for keeping your site visitors informed and updated.
The Sharing Buttons Feature in Sitebeat allows your visitors to automatically share your website content with various social media platforms — making it possible for your brand to reach a wider audience.
Add a Sharing Buttons Feature on your website and customise it using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Build from the left-side menu, and then click Social.
- Drag the Sharing Buttons item and drop it onto a placeholder on your website page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Sharing Buttons Feature, and then click the Edit button on its top-right corner.
- Manage your Sharing Buttons on the Layout tab of the pop-up box with the following actions:
- Add a Button — Click Add Social Network, and then select a Social Network to add.
- Reorder Buttons — Hover your mouse pointer over the Sharing Button item, and then click and drag it up or down.
- Delete a Button — Hover your pointer over the Sharing Button item, and then click the [x] Delete Icon.
- Click the Design tab on the pop-up box to customise the following options:
Style Select a button style from the drop-down list. On Click Select an action to take once a button is clicked. Adaptive Select how you want the buttons to adapt to the allocated space on your website.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move the Sharing Buttons, hover your mouse pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize the Sharing Buttons, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete the Sharing Buttons, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
You can also check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.