Having a map on your website helps your visitors easily locate your physical business address or shop if you have one.
The Map Feature in Sitebeat allows you to add a Map to your website and customise it to match your needs. Use the steps below to know how:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Build from the left-side menu, and then drag and drop the Map item onto an available placeholder on your website.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Map Feature, and then click the Edit button on its top-right corner.
- Set the following on the pop-up box:
- Address — Enter the address to show in the Map.
- Type — Select the type of Map design to use from the drop-down list.
- Zoom — Click and drag to adjust the visibility of the address in your Map.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move a Map, hover your mouse pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize a Map vertically, hover your pointer over it. Click the resizing tool at the bottom, and then drag it up or down.
- To Resize a Map horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete a Map, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
You can also check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.