The Panel Feature in Sitebeat allows you to fill in spaces and visually break down your page's content. It acts as a mini page within your website page where you can add other Features — like Text, Buttons, Icons, Photos, and more — and whose layout and design you can customise so it stands out from the rest of your content.
Add a Panel on your website and customise it to highlight content and draw focus on your call to action using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Build from the left-side menu, and then click Layout.
- Drag the Panel item and drop it onto a placeholder on your website page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Panel Feature, and then click the Edit button on its top-right corner.
- Change the Panel's Background Color or use a photo as your background using the steps below:
Color Click the box on the opposite side of the Color label. Select your desired background color, click Apply, and then click the bar below the label to adjust its opacity. Photo Click Add Photo then use any of the following methods to change the background:
- Upload to Sitebeat
If the photo is in your computer, drag and drop it into the pop-up window or click browse to manually look for the image from your list of folders and upload it to Sitebeat.
- Access Sitebeat My Photos
If the photo was previously uploaded in Sitebeat, click the My Photos tab from the pop-up window, and then select the image.
- Access the Cloud
If the photo is in another online account, click the Clouds tab from the pop-up window, connect to your online account, and then navigate and select the image.
- Use Free Photos
If you want to use a free photo from Sitebeat, click the Free Photos tab from the pop-up window, navigate through the categories, and then select the image.
- Upload to Sitebeat
- Click on the Design tab on the pop-up box to adjust following:
Border Click the box on the opposite side of the Border label. Select a color, click Apply, and then click the bar below the label to adjust its thickness. Radius Click the bar below it to adjust the radius of the border's corners. Shadow Click the box on the opposite side of the Shadow label. Select a color, click Apply, and then click the bar below the label to adjust its intensity.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move a Panel, hover your mouse pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize a Panel vertically, hover your pointer over it. Click the resizing tool at the bottom, and then drag it up or down.
- To Resize a Panel horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete a Panel, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
You can also check out some video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.