Using a Spacer or a Space Feature appropriately on your website allows you to visually break down the content of your page and develop your layout into something pleasing and easy on the eyes.
The template you choose in Sitebeat already includes Features with preset text and design. You still have the freedom to personalise your website’s layout and add original content.
Add a Spacer to manage the layout on your website using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Build from the left-side menu, and then click Layout.
- Drag the Space item and drop it onto a placeholder on your website page.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move a Spacer, hover your mouse pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize a Spacer vertically, hover your pointer over it. Click the resizing tool at the bottom, and then drag it up or down.
- To Resize a Spacer horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete a Spacer, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
You can also check out some video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.