Embedding Content — such as external websites, specific Social Media posts or pages, banner ads, videos, audio, and other different media — to your webpage can be a useful tool in creating compelling content and gaining more visitors. You just have to make sure that what you embed contains complementary content that will help reinforce your brand.
Use the Embedded Code Feature in Sitebeat to instantly add relevant content to your site, using the steps below:
- Log In to access the Sitebeat dashboard.
- Under My Sites, click the Edit Site option of the website that you wish to manage.
- On your Site Editor, click Build from the left-side menu, and then click Advanced.
- Drag the Embedded Code item and drop it onto a placeholder on your website page.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the Embedded Code Feature, and then click the Edit button on its top-right corner.
- On the pop-up box, paste the code of the content to display on your webpage, and then enable Adapt To Full Height option, if preferred.
You can also click the Link Icon at the upper-right corner of the pop-up box to paste the URL or link to the website or media to show.
Note: For Facebook Posts, Twitter Posts, Youtube Videos, and other external sources with URL redirects, embedding content to your website will not work. Search for its code to copy and paste it to your Embedded Code Feature in Sitebeat.
TIPS: Here’s how to find the code for the following:
- Facebook Posts — Click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the post, and then select Embed from the drop-down list.
- Twitter Posts — Click the [v] Arrow Icon on the post, and then select Embed Tweet.
- Youtube Videos — Click Share, and then select Embed.
Note: If you want to edit a new site, you have to unpublish the current website and make your new site as your primary website.
Under My Sites, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon on the top-right corner of the website to unpublish the current site. Click Unpublish Site, and then click Yes, Unpublish to confirm.
Under My Domains, click the [...] Ellipsis Icon of the website that you want to replace as your primary website, then click Replace Primary. In the pop-up window, select the domain of the new website in the New Primary Domain list, then click Replace Primary. You can also click the Domains tab under My Sites to perform the necessary steps mentioned.
You can now edit the new site that you wish to manage.
- To Move the Embedded Code Feature, hover your mouse pointer over it. Click the moving tool on its upper edge, and then drag and drop it onto a different placeholder on your page.
- To Resize the Embedded Code Feature horizontally, hover your pointer over its left or right edge. Click the [↔] Arrow Icon that appears, and then drag it sideways.
- To Delete the Embedded Code Feature, hover your pointer over it, and then click the [x] Delete Icon on its top-right corner.
Hit the play button below to view the quick start guide we've prepared for you:
You can also check out more video guides by visiting our YouTube How-To Playlist.